PPA and BBM Scholarship Program
• BANTUAN BELAJAR MAHASISWA (BBM)
• PENINGKATAN PRESTASI AKADEMIK (PPA)
Government through the Directorate General of Higher Education of Ministry of National Education allocates fund for students with low level income of parents and students who have high achievements in both academic and non-academic fields. In order to make the scholarship program follow 3T principles (Tepat Sasaran, Tepat Jumlah, dan Tepat Waktu), the Directorate General of Higher Education issues guidance.
The guidance is expected to facilitate the management in succeeding the program. Moreover, it is also expected to facilitate students (grantee candidates and grantee) in doing their rights and responsibility. Their study is expected to be successful as well. Thus, they would be able to participate establishing this nation.
We expect the chiefs of universities and local Kopertis to socialize, select, and disburse the sholarship.
We would like to deliver our gratitudes to all parties who have helped issuing the guidance of the sholarship.
Jakarta, August 2010
Direktor General of Higher Education
All the citizens have rights in terms of education. The rights are stated on Clause 31 (1) Undang-Undang Dasar 1945. Based on the clause, central and local governments must facilitate and guarantee the quality education for all of them without any discrimination. The citizens are also responsible to support education. A quality education requires great amount of money. Thus, there will be scholarships for students who cannot pay the tuition fee and student achievers as well.
Regulation Number 20, 2003 on National Educatrion System, Chapter V Clause 12 (1.c) states that every student achiever whose parent cannot pay the tuition in every academic year will obtain scholarship. Clause 12 (1.d) states that every student at any educational institution whose parent cannot pay the tuition fee reserves the right for scholarship.
Government Regulation Number 48, 2008 on Education Funding, Chapter V, Clause 27 (1) states that central and local governments have responsibility to provide scholarship according to their authorities to students whose parents cannot pay the tuition fee. Clause 27 (2) states that central and local governments are responsible to provide sholarship for student achievers according to their authorities.
Referring to the Statute and Government, the government through the Directorate General of Higher Education – Ministry of National Education allocates assistance for learning fund in the forms of Bantuan Biaya Mahasiswa (BBM) and Peningkatan Prestasi Akademik (PPA).
1. Undang-Undang Republik Indonesia No. 20, 2003 on National Education System.
2. Government Regulation No. 48, 2008 on Education Funding.
3. Goverment Regulation No. 17, 2010 on Education Management and Implementation.
1. Improving access and equity of learning opportunity at universities for Indonesian people.
2. Reducing number of drop-out university students caused by financial problem.
3. Increasing students' achievements and motivation in academic/curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular fields.
1. Student Achievers (in the field of academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular).
2. Students with minimum achievement who come from low level income of parents.
II. GENERAL PROVISIONS
A. STATUS OF STUDENT
1. Grantee candidates are students who study at university which manages scholarship program from the Ministry of National Education.
2. Grantee candidates are students who are still active of being students at Diploma and Sarjana programs.
PPA and BBM are given to active students based on the current fiscal year period of the Ministry of National Education.
1. Quota of grantee candidates at each university is determined by the Directorate General of Higher Education.
2. The number of allocation fund is based on DIPA of Directorate General of Hiher Education for amount Rp. 300.000,- (three hundreds thousands rupiahs) per student per month.
For new students, the sholarship is given starting from semester I by considering national examination and raport scores.
III. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
The scholarship is given based on the consideration on stduent's achievements and parent's economic background:
a. S1/Diploma IV (minimum at semester II and maximum at semester VIII).
b. Diploma III (minimum at semester II and maximum at semester VI).Students who meet the requirements are welcomed to submit written proposal to Rector/Chief/Director of university which is listed to obtain scholarship by enclosing the following files:a. Copy of Student Card (KTM) and Kartu Rencana Studi (KRS) or the similar as the proof of being active student.
b. Copy of the lastest month of electricity bills and proof of payment of Pajak Bumi dan Bangunan (PBB) from parents.
c. A letter stating that the student is not obatining another scholarship from Kemdiknas (known by university leader of student affairs bureau).
d. Copy of Family Card (KK).
e. Recommendation from chief of faculty/department.
The grantee candidates must enclose:
a. Scholarship of Peningkatan Prestasi Akademik (PPA):
1) Copy of academic transcript with minimum GPA 3,0 and legalized by authority of university.
2) A letter stating parent's salary which is legalized by the autority of the institution (the letter for civil/provate servant is legalized by finance division and for non-civil/private servant is legalized by chief of village).
b. Bantuan Belajar Mahasiswa (BBM):
1) A letter of unpriviledged economic condition issued by chief of village.
2) Copy of academic transcript with minimum GPA 2,50 legalized by authority of university.
3) Copy of certificates of another achievement proofs (co-curricular and extra-curricular) held by Kemdiknas and or another organizations at regional, national and internasional levels.
State/Kopertis university, with certain considerations, is welcomed to add the provisions and requirements including changing the minimum limitation for GPA. It must be reported to Ditjen Dikti.
1. Peningkatan Prestasi Akademik (PPA)
a. Grantee candidates are determined based on the guidance.
b. If the number of cadidates is more than the quota, the university is welcomed to select them based on the following order of priority:
1) Higher GPA.
2) More credits (with the earliest semester)
3) Students with co/extra-curricular achievements (sports, technology, arts/culture at international, Asia/Asean and national levels).
4) Student with the lowest income of parent.
2. Bantuan Belajar Mahasiswa (BBM)
a. Grantee candidates are determined based on the guidance.
b. If there are more candidates than the normal quota, the university is welcomed to select the candidates based on the following priority order considerations:
1) Students from low-income parents.
2) Students with achievement in co-extra-curricular activities (sports, technology, arts/culture at internasional, Asia/Asean and national levels).
3) The highest GPAs.
4) The credits at most (least semester)
1. Director General of Higher Education, Kemdiknas, determines quaota for evey state and Kopertis universities.
2. Chiefs of universities announce the scholarship to all students through faculties and departments or it is based on the organizational structure of the universities.
3. Chairman of Kopertis of certain are announce to all chiefs of private universities in the area.
4. Every faculty and department chief or organization structure of the university anounce students about the scholarship .
1. Leaders of universities select student proposals and their requirement completions based on the proposal selected by leaders at faculty and or department levels or based on the organizational structure.
2. For state university, the result of the selection is determined by Rector/Chairman/Director or the authority.
3. For private university, the result of the selection proposed by Rector/Chairman/Director or the authority to Kopertis Wilayah would be determined based on the result of administrative selection refered to total quota.
4. State universities and Kopertis upload the result of the grantee names using management information system of student data (http://simb3pm.dikti.go.id) and send Decree of Rektor/Chairman/Director/Coordinator of Kopertis to Dikti in the form of hardcopy (without attachment).
C. FUND DISBURSEMENT
1. University leaders disburse the fund to the students based on the number of money for each month. The disbursement might be held once every several months, not more than six months.
2. Leaders of Kopertis Wilayah disburse the fund to the students through teh leaders of private unicversities based on the number of money for each month. the disbursement might be held once every several months, not more than siix months.
3. It is suggested to disburse the fund through student bank account number.
4. It is avoid to have cut funding for any kinds of reason.
5. The remaining funds might be given to another students who meet the requirements through the decree of Rector/Chairman/Director/Coordinator of Kopertis. If there is still fund, the university must send it back to the State Treasury.
6. If the grantee allocation of PPA and BBM is less tahn the quota, teh remaining funds must be returned to the State Treasury.
The PPA and BBM scholarships are halted if students:
1. Hahe graduated from teh university;
2. Resign/asking for academic leave;
3. Receive academic sanction from the university;
4. Not eligible for the requirements anymore;
5. Submit wrong data;
5. Pass away.
V. MONITORING AND EVALUATION
In order to make the PPA and BBM schoarship program implementable based on the guidance, Ditjen will conduct Monitoring and Evaluation as determined on the guidance. The time will be decided for every year as well.
In November of the current fiscal year, state universities and Kopertis Wilayah must have made a report (systematically free). The report consists of qualitative description based on the substance of program report (VI.A). It is also supported with quantitative data or visual, data summary from http://simb3pm.dikti.go.id, as well as financial report (tranfer receipt and or student's signatute) in the form of hardcopy file.
A. REPORT OF THE PROGRAM
The report of the program is based on the principle of 3T (Tepat Sasaran, Tepat Jumlah, & Tepat Waktu).
1. Tepat Sasaran/0n target
PPA and BBM have been disbursed to students who meet the requirements (stating the total number of female and male grantees).
2. Tepat Jumlah/on quota
a. Number of grantees meets the quota.
b. If the number of candidates for PPA and BBM scholarships is more than the quota, the satte university and or Kopertis Wilayah make a written report to reques quota in the following year.
3. Tepat Waktu/on time
PPA and BBM are disbursed to students based on the time of fund disbursement mechanism.
B. FINANCIAL REPORT
Financial report consists of list of grantees enclosed with copy of passbook, transfer receipt, and/or receipt of PPA and BBM disbursement in the forms of hardcopy file and saved in the university. The data must be ready to send any time to:
Direktorat Pembelajaran dan Kemahasiswaan
Direktorat Jenderal Pendidikan Tinggi
Kementerian Pendidikan Nasional
Gedung D Lt. 7
Jalan Jenderal Soedirman Pintu I Senayan Jakarta 10270
|Insurers Fund||:||Direktorat Pembelajaran dan Kemahasiswaan|
|Contact||:||Direktorat Pembelajaran dan Kemahasiswaan|